Primary Therapist - Dual Diagnosis
Company: AMFM Healthcare
Location: Capistrano Beach
Posted on: September 23, 2022
At A Better Life Recovery, we strive to deliver the highest
quality of therapy to our clients within our program. We are a
licensed and accredited residential and detox treatment program to
help those who suffer from chemical dependency and acute mental
health issues. We're seeking an experienced Dual DiagnosisTherapist
who is eager to make a difference in clients' lives and contribute
to our growing mission. The right person for this position will be
comfortable managing a caseload that includes up to 6 adults who
are undergoing a treatment program for their substance use
disorder. Furthermore, the candidate should be willing to listen
and work closely with clients to understand their needs and find
the best approach to helping them achieve their goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
- Conduct clinical evaluation, biopsychosocial assessment, client
diagnosis, and interpretive summary.
- Prepare person-centered treatment plans, case management,
consultation, education, and referral as needed.
- Provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling
to individuals, groups and families as needed.
- Facilitate individual psychotherapy sessions and group
- Provide services in accordance to organization's policies and
procedures and established Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Standards as well as within the scope of practice of the
- Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess
clients functioning within work, family, and routines of daily
living and identify areas needing continued support, resources, and
treatment in order to assist clients.
- Maintain Electronic Health Records to reflect the course of
treatment and provide required documentation.
- Prepare pre-certification/authorization information to
insurance utilization review team and subsequent concurrent review
(continued stay) clinical reports per medical necessity
- Attend staff meetings, supervisory conferences, training, and
other activities, which ensure effective and efficient functioning
of clinical operations.
- Adhere to organizational standards and policies and procedures,
code of ethics, legal aspects of clinical practice, professional
standards, duty to warn, abuse and neglect reporting policies and
procedures and exercise professionalism at all times. Required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters degree or higher in a relevant course of study
- Acceptable Credentials (Minimum) - Associate Marriage and
Family Therapist, Associate Clinical Social Worker, Associate
Professional Clinical Counselor
- Acceptable Credentials (Desired) - Licensed Marriage and Family
Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional
- Must have active registration with Board of Behavioral
- Hands-on experience in Groups (process, psycho educational, and
topic), Family Therapy, Individual Therapy (wide range of
modalities accepted), and working with clients with addiction
- Be able to pass a federal DOJ LiveScan
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Current T.B. clearance Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance.
- PTO and Self Care Day.
- 401k with match.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Health and Fitness Membership. Pay: $65,000-$68,000 for
associate level Therapists. Up to $80,000+ for fully licensed
Keywords: AMFM Healthcare, Laguna Beach , Primary Therapist - Dual Diagnosis, Other , Capistrano Beach, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!